RIP is working to forgive $1 billion in medical debt for Americans!
Fast Facts about RIP
- RIP has abolished $120 million in medical debt for about 60,000 Americans.
- RIP is a 501(c)(3) charity that locates, buys and forgives medical debt in the USA.
- RIP abolishes medical debt for the general public, veterans and local communities.
- RIP donations produce “a lot of bang for the buck,” so $100 can forgive $1,000 in debt.
- RIP uses more than 90 percent of all donated funds for directly abolishing medical debt.
- RIP buys older “portfolios” of unpaid and unpayable medical debt for pennies on the dollar from health care providers and the secondary debt market. (Portfolios contain thousands of bundled medical billing accounts.)
- RIP is not yet able to handpick and forgive personal medical debt for single individuals. We’re working on it.
- RIP offers a Debt Forgiveness Registry for the day when we finally can help individuals.
- RIP supports campaigns to abolish medical debt for local communities. Contact us.
RIP cannot forgive medical debt for ANY individuals by request — not yet!
Debt Forgiveness is TOTALLY RANDOM!
At present, RIP can only purchase thousands of accounts at once in bundled portfolios of unpaid and unpayable medical bills.
To get help someday, join the Debt Forgiveness Registry for that future day when RIP can help individuals. Please accept that we cannot help any individual yet, no matter how worthy. No use asking. We simply can’t do it, sorry.
RIP in the News
- Texas megachurch forgives $10 million in medical debt, mostly for veterans and young famiulies
- Melvin Brewing releasing new craft beer with 2 percent of their proceeds going to RIP
- Freedom Foundation honors Pensacola Debt Sharks with George Washington Award
- RIP launches 2018 campaign to forgive $50 million in veterans’ medical debt
Debt Forgiveness by TV and Radio Stations
- NBCUniversal and Telemundo Stations to abolish $15 million in medical debt
(Local coverage: Boston, Connecticut, Chicago, Dallas Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, Washington DC)
- KIRO 7 (CBS) Seattle forgives $1 million in medical debt for NW Washington
Healthcare Industry Campaigns
- Minnesota Nurses Association forgives $2.6 million in medical debt
- Michigan Nurses forgive $1 million in unpaid medical debt for 500 families
- Healthtech startup ‘Better’ to forgive more medical debt than John Oliver
- End Medical Debt Campaign abolishes $2 million in debt for Southern California
General RIP Coverage
- Mashable: Man whose medical debt John Oliver paid speaks up
- Bloomberg: A hospital giant discovers collecting debt pays better than curing ills
- Inside ARM: RIP makes final push to buy $100 million in medical debt in 2017
- RIP hosts national mini-summit on Veterans’ Medical Debt in New York
- Economic Impact Study of Medical Debt Forgiveness, the NY mini-summit