How is RIP Different From Commercial Debt Buyers?
Posted By RIP Medical Debt
RIP Medical Debt is not a debt buyer – it is a Debt Abolisher.
RIP applies some of the same administrative techniques that are used by commercial debt buyers, but that’s where the similarities end.
Prefers to acquire medical debt through donations rather than purchases.
Acquiring accounts by donation dramatically increases the leverage of donor funds and the amount of debt RIP can abolish for patients, families, and communities.
Does not engage in collections actions.
We never contact patients with collections calls or letters. The only communication that patients receive is a letter telling them that their debt has been canceled.
Does not have a profit motive.
As a 501(c)(3) charity, RIP receives tax-deductible philanthropic support from individuals and organizations who support RIP’s mission.
If you’d like to work with RIP Medical Debt, schedule a call with us today.
More Recent Posts
- Navigating Medical Debt Responsibly Can Create Better Health Outcomes for Communities
- Helping Hospitals and Providers Overcome Unprecedented Challenges
- Financial Assistance Policies Still Leave Patients With Medical Debt, RIP Can Help With That.
- Defining Financial Hardship and Who Gets Debt Relief
- Why Medical Debt Is A Problem