Did You Know?
- Around 64 million Americans struggle to pay their medical bills.
- Medical debt contributes to more than 60 percent of the bankruptcies in America.
- More than 11 million Americans will take on added credit card debt this year to cover mounting medical expenses.
- Nearly 15 million Americans will deplete their savings to cover medical bills.
- Another 10 million will be unable to pay for basic necessities because of their medical bills.
- Some 43 million (one in five) have delinquent medical debt on their credit reports.
- For 15 million, medical debt is the only debt shown in their credit reports.
The facts are frightening when we think about them. The situation is critical for many of us. We all know someone in our family or community who is struggling to survive under a growing pile of medical bills. Some of us are going under.
Did you know the situation is not hopeless? You can do something today to help. By donating to RIP, a little or a lot, you can abolish the medical debt of at least one fellow American, helping individuals and families regain their quality of life.
Please help us abolish more unpaid medical debt by making a donation today.