Did You Know?
- Around 64 million or 17 percent of all adults in America struggle to pay their medical bills.
- Even with insurance, 26 percent of all Americans said health care expenses have taken a serious toll on family finances.
- About 42 percent of all adult Americans say they took an extra job or worked more hours to cover medical bills, and 11 percent turned to charity.
- More than 11 million Americans will take on added credit card debt this year to cover medical expenses.
- Another 10 million will be unable to pay for basic necessities because of their medical bills.
- Some 43 million (one in five) have delinquent medical debt on their credit reports.
- For 15 million, medical debt is the only debt shown in their credit reports.
- Medical debt contributes to more than 60 percent of the bankruptcies in America.
The facts are frightening when we think about them. The situation is critical for many of us. We all know someone in our family or community who is struggling to survive under a growing pile of medical bills. Some of us are going under.
Did you know the situation is not hopeless? You can do something today to help. By donating to RIP, a little or a lot, you can abolish the medical debt of at least one fellow American, helping individuals and families regain their quality of life.
Please help us abolish more unpaid medical debt by making a donation today.